Monday, March 31, 2014

God Answers


It's a regular thing for us the whole family:  me, my hubby, our 2 kids and our two nieces living with us, to prepare ourselves on Sunday mornings to attend a Holy Mass at St. Martin de Porres Church in ParaƱaque. It started just an ordinary Sunday. We proceeded in the near front since my older daughter liked sitting near the front so she could see the priest during the whole mass. I knelt down and started praying. I have a lots of things to thank and to ask for to God. I already have had the things I've prayed for way back then: a not so perfect but happy family, a fulfilling job, treasured friends (I've just had dinner with two of them last Friday night.), a healthy mind and many other blessings...However, I still have so much to pray for: healing for my rheumatic heart, for the healing of a high school batch who has leukemia, for the strength of a high school spiritual brother and friend as he walks the way of the Lord in pursuing priesthood, for the health of the whole family and many other things which I believe God knows even before I pray. As I fervently praying, a member of MBG approached our bench. She talked to my husband. She requested us to be part of offertory where our family will be the one to bring the bread and wine. Wow! Yes, it's a Wow for me. Why? It's a sign God heard me and He recognized my prayers. It's a Family Sunday Mass schedule and many families out there like us attending the same mass. It's His blessing. I believe in signs.

My belief in signs started when I was still in high school in The Sisters of Mary. It was 12:00pm and the morning class has ended. My dormitory was in Bldg 4 while my class was in Bldg 2. I was assigned as food server. As food server, my duty was to get the food from the food cart and prepare the dining hall so I have to hurry so my doormates won't be late and could eat on time. Unfortunately, it was raining hard. The sky was dark and the rain kept on pouring. To run under the rain was an option but I won't do that since I could get really wet and the worst, I might get sick. Getting sick was a no, no. I'll be confined in the clinic or in the isolation room and miss my class. I hate the idea. I was in section A and missing my lessons would matter a lot. What to do? I closed my eyes and started praying, "Jesus, love mo ako diba? Patigilin mo na ulan please? Mama Mary please? All of a sudden, the rain stopped! Wow! Thank You Jesus! Thank you Mama Mary! I exclaimed then ran. All of the other students also ran fast. But, I was sorry for the other students because as soon as I reached the lobby of the building, the rain started to pour again. (naughty)


Another remarkable experience was when we attended the church a month after giving birth to my older daughter. I prayed for God's blessing for my daughter and for my family. Just what like happened yesterday, my hubby and I were chosen to serve in offertory. I took it as a sign since there were lots of family attending the mass together and we were chosen then.
In getting a job, I also trusted signs. Before I work in Allegro Philippines as Sales & Mktg. Assistant, I also requested for a sign. My 3 years work experience was in BPO so the chance of being hired as a Sales staff was little since I didn't have any experience on that field. Fortunately, I was considered. Visiting their plant for the interview, I requested for God sign if I should accept the job. During lunch time, I ate with the HR supervisor. In the canteen, I saw a rosary on her hand out of her pocket. I took it as a sign. I accepted the job. I loved my work there. I've learned so much and I gave my effort so much too. However, it's just far from my place. I have to take 3 tricycle rides before I reach the office. So, when an opportunity knocked near the house (walking distance) I left Allegro. By the way, only the HR, the President and few employees we're Roman Catholic in Allegro, the rest they were Iglesia ni Kristo. Religion didn't matter anyway. I love them. It's just that it's too far that even when the VP and the President urged me not to leave, I'd say sorry but No.


I considered a sign also before I started in my present work. During my interview, a sales staff was playing You are my Hiding Place and other religious songs on here PC, so I grabbed the job. Till now, I'm working here and I love being here. My boss is awesomely kind and considerate, my officemates too. For sure, there'll be no other work like it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment