Monday, March 1, 2010

Fear not...


A pregnant mother always worry for the child in her womb...and for her life.

It was my 2nd pregnancy. After 3 times of having checked-up in a private clinic near our residence, I decided to transfer to another ob-gyne. I was not satisfied with my first OB. All pregnancy related pain I've consulted with her ended up in laboratory tests. My officemates encouraged me to have my check-up in Chinese General Hospital since they knew the quality of service at low cost in the said hospital. However, it's too far from my place. I decided to look for a better ob-gyne and I found one. She's serving in different hospitals and clinics so I knew her experiences will serve me well. I was correct. She's dutiful and caring towards her patients. She asked me to choose which hospital I want to deliver my baby. It's between private and public hospitals. She informed me that in private, I must prepare 50-70K for caesarian operation while in public, 30-40K would be enough. I chose the latter since it's what our savings could afford.

Month before I gave birth to my second child, I worried about a lot of things. I felt the moment I give birth would be my last breath. I didn't want that to happen. I want to raise my children. I want to see them grow, study, work and marry. I fought my fears and I asked God for another chance to live but the feeling just kept stronger when my delivery was at hand.
As I laid on the operating table, a crucifix caught my eye hanging on the wall of the operating room. There I stared at HIM and I asked again for my life. My fears subsided and while the operation was going on I repeated Our Father & Hail Mary many times. I didn't sleep eventhough the doctor gave me a doze until I heard my baby crying. At last I successfully gave birth. I even saw her while the nurses were cleaning her up. It's another life for me. HE gave me this chance...I was really happy that time. I have to continue my purpose...become a good mother to my 2 daughters, Helen Gwyneth & Brianna Callie (their names were chosen based on meaning)...

No comments:

Post a Comment